Enjoy these Classic Golden Chef's Choice Pecan recipes and even submit your own favorite pecan recipes to be added below!
If you're looking for ways to incorporate the recommended 1.5 ounces of pecans daily into your diet, try the following tips
- Sprinkle pecans on your favorite salad, cereal or yogurt for added crunch.
- Instead of frying, use pecan meal as a coating for fish, chicken or pork.
- Instead of chocolate chips, use pecans in your muffin and baked bread recipes, waffle and pancake mix, etc.
- In place of cheese on your salad, sprinkle pecans.
- Mix pecans with a "light" popcorn for a healthy and enjoyable snack.
- Toast pecans for a refreshing snack. For a twist, sprinkle with red pepper for a "Cajun spice" version of this snack.
- In place of meat (such as chicken or pork) in various casserole dishes, use pecans. Nuts offer many of the same nutrients as meat, but are another alternative for those striving for a more plant-based diet.
- Remember, eating 3/4 cup pecans a day may lower "bad" LDL cholesterol. Nuts contain monounsaturated fat, which may help prevent heart disease. Pecans are rich in antioxidants which protect against cell damage and may help to fight Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and heart diseases.
Click below to see some of our favorite authentic Southern and Louisiana pecan recipes.
| 14 Flavors to Choose From!|
| Savory, Sweet, or Both... You Can't Miss!|